WINTERGREEN, $24.33, 15 mL
ITEM#: 16144, MODEL#: 3023
FREE SHIPPING on 3 or more items.
For QUICK SHIP, Click Here>QUICK SHIP
Wintergreen (Nepalese) Gaultheria fragrantissima
Wintergreen essential oil comes from the leaves of a creeping shrub found in the mountainous regions of Nepal. It is wild harvested by rural villagers and distilled by community owned facilities, which helps to support their local economy. The main chemical component in Wintergreen, methyl salicylate, is used in topical creams and massage blends because of its soothing properties. In fact, Wintergreen and Birch are the only plants in the world that contain methyl salicylate naturally. As a flavoring, small amounts of Wintergreen are used in candies, toothpaste, and chewing gum. Most consumers are familiar with the aroma and flavor of Wintergreen due to its popularity in candy and chewing gum. It has so much more to offer however, such as its use in a warming, soothing massage after exercise. When diffused, its refreshing aroma is uplifting and stimulating.
- Taken from the rural mountains of Nepal, the soothing and stimulating properties of Wintergreen give it an uplifting aroma and minty, refreshing flavor.
- Wintergreen has a warming effect when applied to skin and is excellent to use as a soothing massage. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly and dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Place a few drops on a cotton ball and put it in your gym bag. Wintergreen’s strong scent will work to mask any odor.
- For a soothing bath, add 1–2 drops of Wintergreen essential oil to warm bath water.
- Promotes healthy respiratory function.
- Soothes achy muscles and joints.
- For aromatic or topical use.
- Steam Distillation